Thursday 11 June 2015

Pistyll Rhaeadr - The tallest single drop waterfall in the UK

This place has been on my "To Visit" list what feels like ages. Going to North Wales is quite a journey for me, especially as my car isn't getting any younger. But finally visited this place I did. It certainly has been worth while. I have never lived anywhere near waterfalls so they are always magical to me.



Pistyll Rhaeadr (meaning "Spring of the waterfall") is in Berwyn Mountains in North Wales. There is a 5 mile single track road that needs careful negotiating. I was lucky as I got there before sunrise, so I haven't met any cars, I did "meet" few sheep that seems to have no road sense nor the knowledge they should not be on the road (or maybe I wasn't meant to be there?)

The parking at the site is £3 (June 2015) and they have place for camping and B+B.


People always chuck coins into water as it means you will return to the place, but I have managed to drop my lens cover there. Unwillingly this has become my take on the tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment